• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Chest cramps?

TheAppleCore

Bluelighter
I don't think I've asked about this before. Every once in awhile (once a month ish, I'm guessing), I get these little shitty chest "cramps" I guess you'd call them, exclusively behind my left ribcage. They're fine if I keep my breathing shallow - once I take a deeper breath I get a sharp pain in my chest that prevents me from breathing in any more. It lasts about 1-5 minutes, and disappears rather suddenly.

I've had them ever since I was like, 6 or 7 years old probably, but I've always for the most part been able to ignore them because of their infrequent and short-lived nature.

However, during the entire timespan of the composition of this post I've been enduring a particularly long one (probably been over half an hour now). Fuckin' hell, lemme take a good deep breath! :p

Anyone else get these? Should I be worried about this shit?

Peace & love...

Since I was young I've had these things where I can't breathe for a split second, like I can't breathe in, then it goes away. Sometimes too I get those things you're talking about where it hurts in my lung/chest area, sharp pains if I breathe in. I went to a cardiologist when I was 15 (i'm 19 now) and had to wear a holter monitor for a day and they said I was fine, but I didn't have any of those episodes while I was wearing it. I hope everything is ok. I've had tachycardia all my life too, but it pretty much went back to a normal range when I got on meds for hypothyroidism.

Don't know if that helps you any.

Sounds like heart burn, try taking some pepto, tums or pepsidAC.

You might be having anxiety problems.

What D's said. I get that every once in a while. It's horrible. I stretch and take some antacids and the symptoms subside in an hour or so. Used to really freak me out though. But then a doctor told me that it's a common side-effect of heartburn. I've always had stomach acid issues, so that makes sense.

I don't think I've asked about this before. Every once in awhile (once a month ish, I'm guessing), I get these little shitty chest "cramps" I guess you'd call them, exclusively behind my left ribcage. They're fine if I keep my breathing shallow - once I take a deeper breath I get a sharp pain in my chest that prevents me from breathing in any more. It lasts about 1-5 minutes, and disappears rather suddenly.

I've had them ever since I was like, 6 or 7 years old probably, but I've always for the most part been able to ignore them because of their infrequent and short-lived nature.

However, during the entire timespan of the composition of this post I've been enduring a particularly long one (probably been over half an hour now). Fuckin' hell, lemme take a good deep breath! :p

Anyone else get these? Should I be worried about this shit?

Peace & love...

Sounds eerily similar to the sharp pains I've been having since I was probably the same age although mine only last a few seconds. I asked my doc about them when I was a little older and he told me they are probably muscle spasms but I'm not sure. I'm 36 now and still get them on occasion.